Have you ever wanted to move off the Auto settings on your camera?
…and learn how to use the manual exposure settings to get the best pictures for any given set of conditions.
I know it can be a lot to understand and get to grips well member Stephen Knowles now runs a three hour, one to one class to meet this need and really get you started on the path to improving your camera technique.
On Auto setting the camera sets almost everything and is even responsible for deciding how to treat the raw image information. Often, but not always, it will give an acceptable result but it will never give the best your kit is capable of producing. And the auto setting will throw away the information it does not use to make the finished file – gone forever!
In my opinion, the most damaging aspect of using the auto setting all the time is the fact that you will not learn how, or why and when, to use the manual settings. This is where Stephen Knowles’ course really comes in. He will explain how the settings work, how and why you should use them and how to make the most of your camera’s capability. And it’s all in the wonderful setting of Ingleton!
If you want to tie it in with a short stay in Ingleton, Stephen and his wife Sue run their guest house (Harling House) right on the edge of Ingleton village. They are superb hosts and will make your stay relaxing and comfortable with first hand knowledge of everything happening around the area.
This is what Stephen offers:
- 3 Hours at your pace, an enjoyable way to learn, helping you to get the most out of
your camera and improve your skills.
- 1 to 1 exclusive session. A friendly approach, geared to your requirements and interest.
- Get in touch to arrange your place, normally running on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
- Call 015242 42113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Cost is £90. Secure payment can be made by debit/credit card, Paypal or Bank Transfer.
- I will contact you to discuss your specific learning requirements and interest, so that I can plan your bespoke tutorial.
- Please bring with you: Your DSLR camera and bag, battery and spare, memory card and tripod (if you have one), good footwear and dress for the changeable weather.
Use the contact info above or from his gallery (Stephen Knowles Photography) on this website where you can also browse some of his photographic work.